We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the applicable Australian Privacy Principles under that Act and any other applicable privacy laws when handling personal information. We take the protection of your personal information seriously.
- You are not required to provide personal information to us. However if you do not provide us with all the information we request, the services we provide to you may be affected.
- We will only collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our functions or activities.
- The types of personal information we collect may include:
a) your name, age, address, phone number and email address;
b) your occupation, income details, bank account details and employer information;a
c) marital status;
d) number of dependants;
e) details of the transactions effected via your ImpactPay card;
f) information we made need to identify you, such as your passport, driver’s licence or Medicare number;
g) records of our communications with you, including any complaints, requests or queries;
h) information required as part of a recruitment process; and
i) information we are required to collect by law.
- We collect personal information for the purposes of:
a) verifying your identity;
b) assessing your eligibility to receive financial services and products;
c) providing you with services and products;
d) obtaining products and services from our suppliers;
e) managing our relationship with you;
f) facilitating financial transactions with third parties, including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
g) performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes;
h) direct marketing;
i) the general management and conduct of our business; and
j) complying with our legal obligations.
- We may also use personal information for related purposes that would be reasonably expected by you.
- We may collect personal information from you through the Website and the App, and when you communicate with us (either by email, telephone, in writing or in person).
- We also collect information using ‘cookies’ on our Website for the purposes of:
a) operating an efficient online service;
b) tracking the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Website; and
c) providing a tailored experience to visitors to the Website, including advertisements.
Although you can usually modify your browser to prevent cookie use, if you do this, our Website may not work properly for you.
3. Use and disclosure
- We will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected (or a related purpose) unless you have consented to that other purpose or we are permitted to do so by law.
- We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. The countries in which such recipients are likely to be located include the USA.
- We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, and to others in order to comply with our legal obligations. The organisations to whom we typically disclose this information include organisations contracted to provide services to us (such as organisations who may operate and manage payment processing services, the Website and the App from time to time on our behalf), or organisations we provide services to.
- In all cases, unless you have opted out, you consent to us:
a) using your personal information for direct marketing purposes in order to tell you about services and offers that we think may be of interest to you; and
b) disclosing your personal information to third parties (including third parties who may be situated outside of Australia) for direct marketing purposes in order for these third parties to tell you about services and offers that they think may be of interest to you.
We (or third parties) may contact you by mail, telephone, email or SMS to market our (or their) services. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving any future direct marketing correspondence or disclosure of your information to third parties.
4. Integrity of personal information
- We will take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, and that the personal information we use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant (having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure). To assist us, please ensure that the information you provide to us is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- We will also take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information we collect and hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Where we disclose your personal information to our service providers, we will take steps to ensure that they are authorised to only use personal information in order to perform the functions required by us.
- If we hold personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed, we will take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or permanently de-identify that personal information.
5. Access to and correction of personal information
- You can request, and we will provide you with access to, any personal information we hold about you (subject to certain legal exceptions). If a legal exception applies and we decide not to provide you with access to that personal information, we will advise you of the reasons for our decision.
- If we are satisfied that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, misleading or irrelevant (having regard to the purpose for which it is held) we will take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to correct that personal information. This may include notifying third parties to whom we have disclosed that personal information. If we do not agree that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, misleading or not relevant you may ask that we attach a statement to this effect to our record.
- Please let us know if you have any concerns or complaints about the way we are handling personal information so we can address them. We will review any complaints and respond to them within a reasonable period of time.
- If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concern or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). To make a query concerning your privacy rights, or to lodge a complaint with the OAIC about how we have handled personal information, you can contact the Commissioner’s hotline on 1300 363 992. The OAIC has the power to investigate the matter and make a determination.
6. Linked sites
8. Contact us